Thursday, August 18, 2016

Box'O'Balloons

As I learn more about the world of balloon twisting and decor I am branching out and getting different kinds of balloons. I ordered a goodly amount last week and they came in the mail! (Of course as soon as I placed this order I started seeing a few designs for yet ANOTHER kind of balloon that I do not have yet, sigh, such is life. And I am sure I will soon be ordering more balloons!)

I am continuing to branch out from the standard 260s and 160s, this time getting 350s and the big 646s! Also in this batch I got the really pretty silver 260s and more hearts and 5" rounds. I splurged and got a table arch set up. I have an event next week that I am hoping to do a test run on it and I have plans to use it as part of my own wedding decor in October!

Even though I placed the order it still feels like Christmas when it comes in the mail. I tried playing with the big 646s right away. They are going to need some practice. I feel that my hands are on the small side and at 6 inches in diameter I need all the twisting hand-grip I can get. They are going to take some practice to get used to but their size makes them a showstopper!  I ended up making a simple rosebud flower to show the size a bit.

It's only 2 balloons and almost 30 inches tall! The red bud is a 646 and the green is a 350.

I've got lots more in the works here. I finally found some cups to make the infamous 'candy cups' which I will be sharing soon and I am working on my organization before my big upcoming event next week!

I hope everyone has a lovely Thursday and I will be posting again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment